Incredible visual art has always been an important part of the Noise Pop Festival. From our unique graphic design each year provided by such important visual artists as Shepard Fairey, Thomas Campbell and Frank Kozik to our yearly art shows featuring musicians who make art (past artists have included Yoko Ono, DJ Spooky, Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo and many others), the Noise Pop Festival puts a focus on the intertwined disciplines of art and music like no other festival does.
- January 20 - March 1, 2011
- Noise Pop and Mini Bar present
- Treasure Island Music Festival Photography 2007-2010
- Happy Hour Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Mini Bar
- This show will feature Treasure Island Festival photos from the past four years of what has become one of the most popular festivals in the Bay Area. Participating photographers include—Peter Ellenby, Charlie Homo, Jeanne Ellenby, Paige Parsons, Tom Tomkinson, Josh Sanseri and Josh Withers.
- February 2 - 18, 2011
- Louder Than Bombs
- Opening Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Noise Pop Up Store
- Noise Pop x FIFTY24sf present PEZ “Louder Than Bombs”. The title “Louder Than Bombs” is in direct reference to The Smiths compilation album released in 1987, the band, and Morrissey, being a personal favorite of the artist. As a long time Bay Area staple PEZ’s hand style and graffiti has been seen most places you’ve looked—but his record covers and limited edition zines have reached cult status over the last few years and this exhibition reveals what makes the underground music, art and culture of the Bay Area so special.
About the Artist: PEZ is widely recognized around the world as one of the earliest sticker taggers in the history of graffiti, following in the footsteps of the legendary and infamous graffiti artists, Cost and Revs. He documented his experiences in with his Nikon FM2 35mm camera, and continued to post his stickers and other printed work around NYC. Today, Pez continues to make stickers and publish photography zines. Pez has exhibited in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, and Tokyo.
- February 25 - March 6, 2011
- Noise Pop presents
- Nick Zinner's 1,001 Images
- Opening Friday, February 25, 2011, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Public Works Gallery
- Serial photographer, four time grammy nominee, and world traveler Nick Zinner (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) will be presenting an exhibition of his own work, entitled (and consisting of) 1,001 images as part of the weekend-long Noise Pop Culture Club. This wide ranging show will offer a glimpse of life on and off the road through Nick's unique lens. Zinner is a renowned photographer. his work has appeared in galleries, print, and museums around the world, and he recently published his latest collaborative photography book entitled Please Take Me Off the Guest List. Noise Pop and Public Works are thrilled to welcome Nick and his 1,001 images to San Francisco for this special exhibit.