- Sunday, February 27, 2011
- Creative Collaboration:
Don't DIY Alone
- Presented by Willo O'Brien of WilloToons
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Workshop Room
Connecting with other creatives online, or in your local community, is a great way to kick-start your ideas or support the launch/growth of your business! In this workshop you’ll learn:
- • Easy ways to start a community or collaboration, online or off
- • Local groups and organizations to get involved with right now
- • Inspiring creative collaborations happening around the world
Whether you’re a wanna-be crafter or a full-time entrepreneur, join us and let's create something awesome!
Willo O’Brien has made a career out of creativity. Her illustrations and designs appear everywhere from the lovable Brizzly Twitter application bear mascot, to concert venue sites powered by Ticketfly, to the much loved rock squirrel adorning apparel in the product line she launched in 2007, WilloToons—where geek meets rock ’n roll.
Her experience being a self-employed artist for almost a decade has made her passionate about empowering other creatives. Willo shares her expertise advising startups, coaching creative small business owners and speaking at events around the country: SXSW, Fashion Business, Inc., Indie Biz Chicks and Hello Craft’s Summit of Awesome.